Monday, January 26, 2015

Feminism.

I have never considered myself a feminist. I've never even really given it any thought, at all. But as of late, I have seen a bunch of videos supporting it, and it has caused me to draw a conclusion I never thought I would.
As a mother to a son, the way women treat men today, scares me. Women are always saying "I don't need a man," and so in their heads it means they don't need to respect men. Don't get me wrong, I don't think any women needs a man. Women can be incredibly fierce, passionate, and driven. But when did that mean that men are below us?
I am all for equality for men and women. Just as men are not less then us, we are not less then them. All too often I see that it is becoming a man vs. woman world. Just because you feel like there is inequality between men and woman, that does not mean that every man feels it should be that way.
But all to often I am seeing woman treating mean like crap, and that if they don't like it they can leave, because they aren't going to change for a man.
And I am so tired of woman blaming everything on men. Guess what, if you are going to dress provocatively men are going to notice and look. That doesn't make them a pig, it makes them a man who is attracted to women. Our different bodies is a part of what attracts us to each other. So if you put it on display it is obviously going to attract attention. It's the same as if you drive past a man who has bulging biceps and a six pack. I don't know a single straight women who isn't going to look and stare at that. But do men run around screaming inequality and only being seen as a sexual being? No. They don't let it define them.
If one doesn't want to be seen for only her body, then I would say try covering up. Not everyone want's to see what you have going on. I am so sick and tired of seeing girls, in shorts that aren't shorts, but underwear, and barely anything there shirts.
I love to cook dinner for my man. I love being able to stay home with my two beautiful children, and being able to teach them many things. That does not mean I am worth less then a woman who works. Because I do work. Raising kids is not just a fun thing I do. It is something that calls for 24 hours work. I also have to make sure they are fed enough, cleaned, and have clean clothes to wear. And with young kids if I didn't clean my house, it would be a giant mess. I don't have the luxury of being able to go out with friends when I want, or even get to go on dates often.
I know that not all woman can stay home, or that they even want to stay at home. That is for every woman to choose. I don't judge them for those choices, but I am so sick and tired of hearing other woman saying how, "stay at home moms have it so easy." I work my butt off to raise decent children and to have a clean house for when my husband gets home.
Just because I am a stay at home, does not mean there are gender roles in my home. Sometimes my husband will do the dishes to help me out. More times then not, I take the trash out to the bins and then roll the bins out to the street. If my husband has work outside, I usually try to go out and help if I can. My husband works his butt off everyday for my family and the least I can do is take care of the home and try to make a good meal for him.
I don't serve my man in the sense that it has to be done. Most of the time I will dish his plate up but I do not think that it needs to be done, I do it to show my appreciate to him. The way my house works is as a partnership. There has been times where my husband has loaded up a plate for me if I was busy doing something else. And I have no problem returning the gesture.
I think if more people looked at relationships as partnerships, and not a challenge of wills, people would be happier, with less to complain about.


Isn't this what it used to mean to be a feminist? As of late it seems that that is not the meaning anymore. These new day feminists who make videos with young girls cursing, and tearing down women who want to stay home are so out of line. Feminism started as a simple thought. Women wanted equality, and that is something I can get on board with, but not this new craze where men are pigs and women should be able to do anything with no repercussions. That because they are a woman they should have the right to free birth control, and to walk around with their nipples showing through their clothes while damning the male population.  
Why can't feminism be wanting equality for men and women, while also being a supporter of other great woman? When it goes back to that I will gladly join. Life could be so much easier if there was more support and less tear downs.

-KJ

2 comments:

  1. That's very true and a lot of people don't see that. But it's very true that people think that gender have specific roles, other than doing it together along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I think it is a big thing that people forget.

    ReplyDelete