Saturday, January 3, 2015

Doll Hair.

I loved being able to shop for presents, for my daughter, for Christmas, this year. We got her a play kitchen, a trampoline, and some clothes. She also got a large doll, that has long beautiful red brown hair. I was very apprehensive at first to get it for her. After all she has lots of barbies and their hair looks like rats nest. I went ahead and got the doll for her anyways, and sure enough my daughter was in love. She wanted to take the doll with her everywhere. Within a week her hair was a mess, just like I was worried would happen. In an attempt to fix it I sprayed her hair with water and tried brushing it out. The thing is the more I brushed the worse her hair looked. I tried kids detangler next and that still made no difference.
After spending some time online I found an idea that I decided to try. It was a simple spray that I had to make. It takes fabric softener and water mixed together in a spray bottle.

I took some downy infusions I bought at walmart. I didn't have any on hand so I bought this little bottle for around $2.

I measured out 2 tablespoons of the softener. After I measured out the softener I poured it into a spray bottle that I had laying around. I topped the mixture off with 5 tablespoons of water. I used warm water but I'm not sure that the temperature makes a difference. Once the water was in I gave it a strong shake. (The mixture has a cloudy look to it once mixed.)
I then sprayed her hair generously. After I gave it a chance to soak in I brushed it out. It was still a little hard to get the tangles out, but it was much easier then the other times I tried. I had to stop and re-spray the dolls hair several times. I think the key is to really soak the hair with the spray, because its obviously the softener that makes it easily untangle.
This is the before picture of front and back.

As you can see it was VERY ratty.
This is the after pictures.

I couldn't believe how much better her hair looks now. From now on I will be using this on all my daughters dolls hair including her barbies.

-KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment